Skip to main content

Crazy world we live in!




They don’t call you crazy
          When you are an accountant
They don’t call you crazy
          When you are a mechanic
Nor do they call you crazy
          If you are a doctor, an engineer, a carpenter or a cleaner

But they call you crazy
          When you make music for the soul
When you create art from your mind… and not sell to the world
          When you play the beat of the heart
When you sing the song of the devil
          Or when you surrender to the universe

You are no different from me
yet I am far away
I touch you… feel you… understand you
You touch me… well… can’t feel me
For I am thin air… lost in the fair
          Catch me if you can… touch me
If you dare!


In my defense... this was written in my sleep... well, i actually dreamt this! If it doesn't make much sense, now you know why :p

Popular posts from this blog

Everywhere I go...

The below song is a dedication to my brother Amrish. We wrote this song in complete haste only because he was in one of his music composing moods! Its based on a personal experience when traveled to B’ham, N. Ireland, Cyprus, Delhi and Mumbai. Its just a song that was written randomly, but from the heart. Hope you’ll like it as much as much we enjoyed making it  J   Everywhere I’ve been I’ve heard the same sound, The sound of people and the sound of cars The cries of children, mingled with laughter The bursts of horn, the obscenity Yet everywhere I go I’m different to them, Is this what they call hell today? Everywhere I’ve been I’ve heard the same sound, The sound of people and the sound of dogs The neighbor’s dog barking, all night disturbing The construction guy going on and on Yet everywhere I go I’m different to them Is this what they call hell today? People with Afros, People with Gold The Oil-rich mofos, And the people with Om The whi

The post-divorce syndrome for Indians

I have read many articles on what to expect after divorce especially when it comes to friends, but still none of them could have prepared me for the Indian family reaction. Also because most of those articles were written by non-Indians, and we know we are a different breed/species in itself.  To provide a simple background, mine was not an abusive marriage, and my ex-husband is actually a gem of a person. So it was a rather difficult decision to make as we were simply not compatible. Now how do you explain this to an Indian society? Compatibility? What is that? What am I even talking about right? He’s a nice guy, doesn't hit me, nor abuses me. He doesn't even cheat on me and my in-laws are lovely people. What on earth could drive me away? Well, I’m not answering that. All I’ll say is, we are not compatible and rest is between me and him. But this write-up is not about the why, it’s more about what followed. Surprise #1 - PARENTS My parents were extremely suppor

Public opinion!

While talking to my bro-in-law yesterday, we saw an advert of desperate housewives. Now, I’m not exactly a fan of TV watching, I prefer reading over TV. I expressed my wish to someday watch an episode of desperate housewives. Here’s how he describes it… There are 4 women… all desperate enough to sleep with the gardener, the cleaner, the neighbors husband and of course, the common neighbor himself! Should anything go wrong medically, they visit the doctor, only to land up on his bed. And coincidently, he would be the only doctor, and everyone would land up sleeping with him.  Having already been married to cheating husbands, the 4 women fight over their husbands, others husbands, the gardener, the cleaner and of course the common neighbor. As the seasons progress, they have kids, who go to schools with real good looking teacher, who again everyone has had a chance with. On the way home, should they get a parking or speeding ticket, then that lady will also have her w